Well, it’s that time of year again! It’s time for NaNoWriMo. I have only done this once. It was a long time ago and it didn’t go well. But since then, I have simply been writing. I started a novel last year, and I am almost finished with my Zero Draft. Does that mean I’ll be participating in NaNoWriMo again this year? Um, no. I just want to finish the book I’m writing, and it is not at NaNo stage!
Still, it’s fun to do something that is coordinated with a group. I follow someone on Instagram who is local and who said she was doing the writing meetups for NaNo. I am sad that I can’t partake in that fun. But then I found this! Jade over at Bedtime Bookworm is hosting a blogging challenge! And unlike the A to Z Challenge which I have participated in, this one is for book blogs!!
I need this. My book blog, as you can see, has been sorely neglected of late. I posted only one post per month during the summer. Ugh. So now, it’s time to kick this into high gear. And challenges are a great way to do that!
This is the Book Blogvember Challenge! Jade asks that anyone participating write enough during November to create 30 blog posts. I am in. And here are some other things I hope to do:
- I want to create some posts that are not reviews. I have two big event recaps from this summer (actually, last spring) that I still want to post. I need to write those. And I’d love to do some more Author Q&As.
- I will try to batch content because I know it works. Sunday seems to be a good day to write blog posts!
- I also want to post some discussion-type posts. I have a lot of industry experience that I think might be helpful to other bloggers, but I would like to talk about other things too.
- I want to get through my review backlog. I have several good books that I have read recently that deserve reviews!
- I can’t say that I will schedule 30 posts, but I would like to get the content down, and maybe schedule 15 posts. I have only scheduled two posts in my blog’s history, and that has to change.
- My one year blogaversary will be in December, too, so I am hoping to do something fun for that. In doing this challenge, I hope to churn through some ideas of what I can do to celebrate! 🙂
I don’t know if I’ll post every day, but I have found one thing true about writing – any kind of writing: if you put it first thing on your list, it will get done. This is what I took away from the A to Z Challenge. I also need to finish my book, so that’s going to come into play here. I am so close!
It’s time to dust off my list of blog post ideas and get writing. Join me! There’s a Twitter chat at the end on December 2, and there will be a giveaway – a signed copy of Wink, Poppy, Midnight! Jade is using the hashtag #bookblogvember so use it all month long for multiple entries in the giveaway, and to join the conversation. This is going to be fun!